Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Celebrating Two




We had a great time with friends and family celebrating MK's official turning of two years!


Why Luau, you may ask...

  1. This will be one of the last years that I get to decide on my own. I'm sure I'm doomed to many years of princess parties!
  2. Luau paraphenalia is really easy to find this time of year and are all on end of summer clearance. i.e.--water gun and beach ball favors for 75 cents
  3. I wanted to do outdoor and water, so Luau makes it the natural choice!

For the menu. I kept it fairly simple. I wanted to give it a Hawaiian flavor, so we went with...

  • Pulled pork sandwiches on Hawaiian bread buns
  • fresh fruit kabobs on flower skewers
  • Hawaiian cheese dip (courtesy of Kraft recipes)
  • chips

And for the most important part...the cake...

  • my mom's 3 layer carrot cake--yummo!!

  • cupcakes for the kids




I guess swimsuit wedgies is something we women have to struggle with from the beginning! It didn't seem to bother MK!


Update on MRI: We got a letter over the weekend saying that everything was normal! This is great news, as we know now that it is not neurological. Thank you for your many prayers!

Coming soon...Mary Katherine's 2 year pics! The outfits are made, the girl turned two, but the pictures are still not taken--hopefully soon!


5 comments:

Kyndal said...

What a fun celebration! LOVE the invite. Happy Birthday, Mary Katherine!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love that party theme. Happy 2nd Birthday MK. So cute! Sorry I can't type I had to delete my first try at this comment.

albert & codie said...

Love the theme and especially love the wedgie pic! Wish I were there for the water fun and, of course, the carrot cake. Happy birthday, MK!

PS - So thankful the MRI came back normal. Praises to God!

Recovering Perfectionist said...

what a GREAT party! and, i'm personally thankful i got to have some of the leftovers of that amazingly delicious cake! wow. =) MK will so be thankful for those pics someday. way to go, mom! and, thanks for the money-saving tips. ;-)