Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mary Katherine-isms

Taking after my sister's blog and her "kidisms" I am proud to post my first MKisms!Yay!
1)I've seen different ways that MK takes after me and Roger. If you know me, you know that I like to stay busy and get bored easily staying in the house all day. It was about mid-morning and MK had stopped playing. She pointed at the door, looked at me, and said, "go,go" in a question tone. I asked her if she wanted to go somewhere and she said "mamaw". I decided that was a good idea. Let's go to Grandma's!
2)MK is getting smarter and starting to realize that dad may seem to give in a little faster. One night she was awake in her crib (as she frequently is) and was calling (crying) for mama. She stopped for a moment and then in that same question voice said "dada". Nice try, MK.
3)I bought Mary Katherine a tea set last week and she has been LOVING it! I've been trying to teach her to "pour" the tea from the pot into the cup. I thought she was catching on until I walked in to her shaking the saucer over the cup making the same pouring noise.
4)Much to my dislike, Mary Katherine enjoys the word "no". Most of the time she does use it in context, but occassionally I'm not sure. One day I walked into the living room to see her with her head down, shaking her head very discouraged, saying "no,no,no" over and over to herself. Not sure what she was so disappointed about.
5)Today we were watching a show and it said to make a funny face. The kids on the show had their fingers in their mouths and sticking out their tongues. I look at MK, and she was attempting this face. Wish I could have had a picture. She couldn't quite figure out how to get your fingers in your mouth and your tongue out at the same time.
6)I was so proud of MK last week when she was using the word "pretty" correctly. She looked at my necklace and said, "pi-ey". Another day she was combing her hair in the mirror and said it again. Then yesterday she grabbed her snotty tissue, looked at me, and said--"pi-ey". No child, that is not pretty!
7)Mary Katherine Loves her baby dolls. She showers them with kisses, hugs, pats their backs when she holds them, and then tucks them in with a "nite-nite". She's a sweet mother!
8)We love to go to the park and to Grandma's. Usually she is kicking her feet with excitement when we turn the corner to either of these places. This morning we pull into Grandma's house and Mary Katherine very matter-of-factly said, "no...no".
9)When daddy gets home from work, MK is very happy to see him. Lately, each night involves some nascar racing around the downstairs in her new cosey coupe. Roger's huffing, puffing, and sweating behind the car pushing it, while MK is relaxed to the max in the car, holding her bebe (blanket), and sucking her thumb. Quite comical to watch.
10)MK enjoys pointing out objects she knows the name of--sometimes correct, sometimes not. So lately, every errand and road trip goes like this--"ca...ca...ca...ca...ca...ca..." Even in a town the size of Laverne, you'd be surprised how many "cas" (cars) you pass (driving or parked).

If you're still reading at this point, thanks for letting me share my highlights of the past week or so. Wow! That was fun and no pictures were even involved. Don't worry I'll get back to my "mainly pictures, little text posts" soon I'm sure.

On another note, yesterday I very absent-mindedly deleted all of my blog list. This was very frustrating. So I had to go around to everyone elses' blogs looking for addresses and whose I might be missing. I think I have them all back on, but if you don't see yours it's probably because I never read it. JUST KIDDING. I'm sure I will soon realize I'm missing it and it will be back on! FYI- I have one or two new ones. Our Newfangled Nest is Jenn Mosburg's new blog. She's a great writer (and family). So since I think most of my readers are family, head on over there and be enlightened.

4 comments:

albert & codie said...

These "-isms" posts are my favorites! So funny to read and also special to hear what your kids are doing at each age. Love it!

Matt and Jenn said...

I love your writing! It's fun to hear MKisms, so keep them coming! :-) Oh, and you forgot to add my blog to your list. I know it's so riveting, that it was just a slight oversight. Haha! :-)

The Varner Family said...

I love the things MK is doing. I can't imagine that Roger gives in easier than you do.

Glad you got my blog on there!

Recovering Perfectionist said...

loved this! =) thanks for sharing about the blog. it's kind of funny how exciting it is to have an outlet. regardless of whether anyone is reading, i think it's going to feel good to simply communicate. =)
hope you all are staying warm!