Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Saturday, January 30, 2010

Grandpa With His Eye Out


Last weekend we had the funeral for my Grandpa Billy. When I was younger sometimes we referred to him as "Grandpa with his eye out" (An earlier accident had caused him to lose one of his eyes) I loved my grandpa dearly, but was glad that he was finally able to go to his heavenly home. He can be with his wife of 68 years and no longer have the daily struggle of alzheimer's. A disease that takes your mind, but not your body is horrible. For most of his 90 years here on earth, grandpa was blessed. He was able to do what he loved--ranching! It was only fitting that they chose to have one of his horses saddled outside of the church, because outside of personal relationships there was nothing I believe he loved more. This is his horse (well part of it) at the funeral.

No comments: