Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Wednesday, December 29, 2010

40 years and counting...

My parents celebrate 40 years of marriage on January 2nd. While we had the whole family here for Christmas, we wanted to take one evening to celebrate. It's hard work being married for that long! (and of course very rewarding I'm sure...) It makes Roger and my 5 years seem like nothing!

Here we are recreating the cake cutting...

Notice the beautiful bride's dress adorning the door in the background. We begged my sister to wear it, but unfortunately her pride won over honoring my parents. :)

We were thankful to have so many family members and friends drive from out of town to help in the event!

The crowd's attention is on our Not So Newlywed game show host Jason. (You can see his reflection in the window.)


I love some of the old pictures we found of the two lovebirds before children! My sister in law made a video with old pictures, but I can't figure out how to get it to load. Unfortunate for you, because there were some dandys---just imagine short shorts, double knit suits, black thick framed glasses, and 40+year old party pix!

1 comment:

MelV said...

Tell your Parent's Happy Anniversary! That is wonderful. If you still want to put up the video...you can upload it to Picasa which is a google product and then it will work just great with blogger.