Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Monday, June 14, 2010

Our weekend (both the planned and unplanned)

As I mentioned in the last post, we had a very busy weekend. What I didn't realize while writing that post was the unplanned events that would make it even crazier. Mary Katherine traveled well to OKC and did well at her doctor's appointment with the neurologist. The neurologist does have concern with MK. We had blood work done after the appointment and will be scheduled to go back to Children's for a MRI on her brain and spine. Until the test are run, she couldn't say much as far as possible diagnosis. This was unexpected for me, as it seems like she's improved so much lately with her walking. I thought this visit as more precautionary, but am thankful to have early diagnosis if there is something we need to know. Please pray for healing and for peace as it will be long month as we find results of tests and run others.

After the doctor's visit, we drove on to Tulsa to spend a couple days there for me to take pictures and MK and my mom to visit my sister and her family. MK had a great time with her cousins playing in the pool, playing with toys, and lots of good eating. I don't think she even noticed me being gone half of the time.

On Saturday, we had the van loaded and ready to go, had MK in her carseat, and then I couldn't find the keys. An hour and a half later we still could not find the keys. We had 4 adults that had searched the house, car, and everything else and still no keys. I found out the from the dealership that they could make a key, but would have to program it to the car. Thus, meaning the van would have to be towed to the dealership. All the while, I had 7 families planning on me being in Ringwood that afternoon for pictures. It was becoming obvious this was not going to happen. So here is where my wonderful sister and brother in law step in, let me take their vehicle to Ringwood while they take care of the whole car issue--towing, ordering keys, picking it up, etc. and then met me half way with my child and mother that evening so we could go back home. After making it home, Kizzy texts me to tell me Jason was now on the side of the road with a blow out, non-functioning jack, and waiting for AAA to tow his car. (Yes, the second car towing of the day!) WHAT A DAY! It may be a while before they invite us back to their house! And then I may have mandatory check in of keys upon arrival.

MK has a new look she's been trying out in several context. I've captured a few of them, but not quite the one I'm looking for. She gave it alot on Thursday while we were at the doctor. It was pretty funny when she kept giving it to the lady that took her blood. The picture in the swimsuit below is about my best picture I've got of her with the look.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh Charity! Bless your heart! Sounds like a bit stressful to have lost your keys and need to be hours away!

I did find it funny that Jason had blow out and was on the side of the road :)

I will be praying for MK and for you all...as you learn of test results and do more doctors' visits.