Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Saturday, June 13, 2009

No photos, just words...

I don't have new pictures to share, but wanted to do a little blogging...

Motherhood has been so rewarding lately! I think it's a combination of things coming together that has made me so thankful for my life as a mom. This is what I've come up with...

1. Mary Katherine is sleeping better--day and night! This alone makes a huge difference. I get more sleep, baby gets more sleep, daddy gets a less frazzled wife....it's wonderful!

2. Overall, Mary Katherine is now a pretty easy baby. Several people told me that difficult babies, make easier toddlers. I don't know if this is the case or if I am just comparing it to the way it used to be...BUT either way, I feel grateful! We finally can have a little flexibility in our schedule.

3. She is so fun right now! It's amazing how much brain development happens in just a few months. The thing I absolutely LOVE right now is her jibberish chatter. She sits on the floor or in her car seat and has lengthy conversations with who knows what/who. MY HEART SMILES to listen to her voice! How could anything ever sound sweeter than this?!

Okay...enough of the cheesy words. This is what happens when I blog at night when I'm tired. It's like when I wake up in the middle of the night bothered by something and I decide I'm going to go tell someone something that I've needed to say for a while. I've got the whole speech outlined...then when I wake up in the morning and am thinking straight I'm like...What was I thinking??? Anyone else do this?

2 comments:

The Varner Family said...

This makes me so happy! When you have a challenging baby it makes you more appreciative when they become easy. It cracks me up that you said you shouldn't write blogs when you are tired and it is late....
The time on the blog is 6:45!!!!!
And yes I do the same thing.

Charity said...

It wasn't 6:45, Ilena--it was more like 9:45. And yes, 9:45 is late for me!