Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Garden Update!

Well...we've gone from this...to this!
We've learned alot in our first year of gardening.
1. The spacing guidelines on the back of the packet are there for a reason. Our squash have shaded out our peppers and are starting to overcome my black-eyes.
2. Don't thin out corn the day before you have 60 mph winds!
3. Communicate with everyone involved with the garden so that you don't plant one crop on top of another!
4. There are several types of yellow squash. I bought the curved ones that get fat on the bottom, when I really wanted the other ones.

These are just the ones that come to the top of my head. Goodness...with all my mistakes, it's amazing that I still am going to have produce! Must be that virgin soil that I've read about. :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: