Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Saturday, May 30, 2009

What a week!

As I sit down to post tonight my legs feel like noodles, my feet on fire, and my brain is mush. At the end of Memorial day weekend, MK began to get sick. At first we thought it was her new front tooth coming in. Then as the week continued and her temperature continued to rise we decided to take MK to the doctor. The doctor visit turned into Mary Katherine's first hospital stay. In the end, we weren't sure of everything that was going on in her body--slight pneumonia or another type of infection. She was miserable for a few days, but I am delighted to report she is back to 100%. Thank you to those who prayed for her during our scare!

My sick little baby the first night. The IV was not a fun process for anyone to experience!

Here she is donning the smallest hospital gown they had. The gown was the quickest and easiest thing to take on and off with the IV. At one point in the night she had the gown completely over her head and her legs coming out of the crib's bars. The weekend was then wrapped up with the big two day garage sale at my parents. In the words of my mom's UPS man the day of the sale..."I think I'd rather go to the dentist twice than have a garage sale!" This pretty much sums it up!

7 comments:

The Varner Family said...

Oh no! I had no idea MK was sick. I will call you tomorrow to get all the details. She looks so sad in that big hospital gown! So glad she is better!

Unknown said...

Glad she is all better!

Seth, Darci, Cal, and Kas said...

I'm so sorry, how rough!! We will be praying for you guys!

The Shupe's said...

Oh sweet MK! She does look so cute/sad in that hospital gown. I am so glad she is doing better. I am sure that was scary! I will be praying for you guys!

albert & codie said...

Char - we've been praying hard for MK. I'm so glad to hear she is doing better. I know that was an awful experience for you and Roger, too. Hopefully, you guys can get some rest this week!

chandra said...

I am so sorry! That makes me sad you had to go to the hospital. I am glad she is all better!

Bridget said...

So sorry she was sick! I am so glad that she is all better now!