Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just a thought...

I don't like being in pictures--mainly because I'm never quite satisfied with how I look. This might explain why I only have a handful of pictures with MK. I guess it boils down to pride that I don't like them. I read the following blog today off of Pioneer Woman and it really challenged me. I want my children to be able to have pictures and memories to look back on. I'm going to try to get over myself and just "snap out of it" as the author in the blog says. (or I guess I could just lose the weight and take better care of myself as well )

Read it and see what you think.

This is an excerpt out of Pioneer Woman's blog . I was going to try to paraphrase what she was saying, but couldn't do it justice. http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2009/05/snap-out-of-it/


Snap Out of It!May. 12, 2009
By Miz Booshay
I’m not a very bossy person. Well, okay. In the car I am bossy.
But in general I don’t tell people what they should do.
But I think I’ve found my calling.
I feel called to tell you to…get in the picture!
Forget your foolish pride and just jump in the frame.
Our parents died when I was 16. Our mom died within a year of taking this picture with my sister, Janet.
It is my very favorite picture of her. (sorry the picture wasn't pasted.)
This picture brings me so much joy, I can not tell you. I have it on the refrigerator and look at it every day.
I do not know if I have a picture of myself with my mom.
But I do have a picture of myself with my dad. (once again not pasted)
There we are. Me and my dad and my sister Cindy. So, so long ago. It was 1973 and we were on vacation in Maui. Haleakala Crater. Look how handsome our dad was! I see my son Matthew in him.
I am so thankful for these pictures.
It doesn’t matter how you do it.

It only matters that you do it!
Today I want to urge you to get over your shyness and pride and get in the picture!
I wish, wish, wish I had more pictures of me with our children. It is one of my few regrets.
So here’s the deal…
1. In five years you will look five years older….you WILL look young in the pictures you take today!
2. Ten years ago I thought I was fat. Oh my goodness….I should have taken pictures THEN.
3. Your children look at you all day long. THEY know what you look like. They won’t care how you look in the picture.
I really don’t like how I look in pictures. It pains me. I still want to look like I did when I was 25 years old. And really I’m shocked that I don’t.
But seriously. My children love me just the way I am. Chins and all.
Consider this your call to action!
You can do it. I know you can. If I can, you can!
Let your light shine. You will never regret it!
Encourage one another,Miz Booshay

1 comment:

albert & codie said...

I think the family pic is great - I love MK's bow.

Hopefully, she will get back on schedule soon. =)