Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Come and visit...we're available!


Why is it that I get to have a child that doesn't want to sleep? Just when I finally think I've got a schedule figured out, she decides to change it up--without my permission. For the past 4 days, MK hasn't fallen asleep for her last nap. Now I guess we'll just be taking two, 30 minute naps.


Anyone want to hang out? Looks like our schedule just opened up some more.

Here we are Mother's Day morning at church . Mary Katherine had her baby dedication. I wanted to add a picture and thought this was a great one--minus the fact that my face is washed out and my entire body looks swollen, MK has such a pleasant look on her face, and Roger's white forehead is beaming.

All kidding aside, baby dedication was important to us as it was our public commitment to raise MK in a Christian home and hopefully guide her in a way that will lead her to knowing Jesus Christ as her personal Savior. We were to share a life verse that we've chosen for Mary Katherine. Roger and I narrowed it down to three verses and really struggled with what we felt was most important. We decided on Mark 12:30-31.

"AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH". The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

In talking, we felt it boiled down to this, If you are loving the Lord with your entire being then the rest should follow. Also, these were direct words from Jesus and he said that these were the greatest commandments.

1 comment:

The Varner Family said...

I think you look fabulous! I remember during Brody's 1st year Bryson told me that being a mom had really aged me. It was one thing to feel a certain way and then to have it verbalized!