Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Thursday, September 25, 2008

Early Mornings

We took this picture one morning before we went to Woodward for some doctor visits. Early mornings are my favorite time with Mary Katherine. She's the most content and alert at this time. You can talk to her and sing to her and she will follow your movements and sometimes your voice. I've come to conclude that there is nothing sweeter than a happy baby. As most of you know MK has been somewhat of a mystery to try to figure out. Every night starting around 6 or 7 she begins to get uncomfortable. She flails her arms and legs and is very uptight. The uncomfortableness then turns to a very loud uncontrollable scream by around 8:00. At this point there is nothing we can do to pacify her. This becomes very frustrating for us (as well as for her I'm sure). By 9:00 or 10:00 it's time to nurse her again and this will usually allow her to sleep. During the day she will sometimes have these moments but not as extreme. We've come to conclude she has colic and are praying for her healing. Most say they grow out of this by 3 to 4 months. If anyone has any suggestions, we welcome them.

3 comments:

The Shupe's said...

I love the pic of you and MK. You look so GREAT! I am praying for some restful nights for you friend!
Jo

The Varner Family said...

You look fantastic and MK is a doll. You know I have lots of suggestions if you think she is experiencing stomach pains and I have ideas non related to stomach issues. But, you are probably doing so much already. If you want the details let me know!

Shelly said...

Hyland's Colic Tablets work wonders!!! Walmart sometimes has them but Babies r us always does and you can order them online. I found your blog on Chandra's links. Your daughter is beautiful!