Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Friday, September 5, 2008

1 Week

Mary Katherine turned 1 week on Wednesday. She celebrated her week birthday by deciding to nurse consistently for the first time. Doesn't she look alert and content in this picture? I like to think it's because she's just had an excellent meal time. I had been pumping everytime up to that point after unsuccesfull attempts of nursing. I decided that morning that I was tired of washing bottles and all the pump parts 8 times a day--in addition to doubling the time it took to feed her. With my determination, the prodding (or should I say encouragement) of my mother, and MK's great sucking ability we went the whole day without the pump. I was so happy for MK and her accomplishment. I think anyone who has attempting this and got through this hurdle can relate. Way to go baby girl!

1 comment:

Ilena said...

Mary Katherine is adorable! I am so happy to see pictures...what a beauty! I am glad the nursing is going well. I think learning it in a week is pretty advanced for both of you!

Can't wait to see you both in person!

Love you!

Ilena