Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Sunday, February 15, 2009

A typical feeding...(lately)

For the past few days Mary Katherine has decided to fast during the daytime and get most of her nourishment at night. This means I am up three times a night and she is content eating then until I force her off.
During the daytime is a different story. This is typically how the nursing has been going... We get to a quiet, non-distractive, part of the house and I make sure I have "everything" out and ready for her. If I get her in the assumed position without being ready then she may refuse it all together. Very "gently" I quickly try to get her to latch on. If she does latch on then that's when her hands get busy. The hand underneath is clawing at my love handles. At first you don't mind. Then after a little bit it starts to really irritate you. Her hand just constantly opens and closes trying to grab on to my fat. The other hand meanwhile wonders around my face grabbing my nose, mouth, and even better sometimes it finds the other breast. Again, so irritating! But I don't want to do anything to make her quit nursing so I let her continue.
After about 2-3 minutes of nursing her head begins to arch. I try to get her back on but am unsuccessful as her whole body is now making a backwards "C" while passing gas at the same time because of all the strain in resisting mom's breast. We try the same on the other side with the same result. We usually continue this process until she begins to cry and then it's then that I give up and accept the reality that I will probably still be feeding her 3 times a night until she's one. Uggh!

4 comments:

albert & codie said...

Oh, Char, with such a great description and details, I feel like I'm right there with you! Poor little MK's clock is backwards ... she'll get it right one of these days.

Kyndal said...

What a little stinker! Who would guess that such a cutie could give you so much trouble! Praying that she eases up on her momma...

The Varner Family said...

I feel so bad for you until I see that picture of her and she is just too adorable! Hang in there!

Sarah said...

LOL...as a non-mama, I appreciate this realistic depiction of motherhood. Hilarious.
She looks delightful - and I'm sure she is. Hope you're having fun!