Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Friday, November 21, 2008

3 month (well almost) pictures...

Last weekend all my family met up in Tulsa for my mother's 60th birthday celebration and the Route 66 Marathon. We decided to all make it our goal to walk the half (13 miles) marathon. After finishing it now, I can see it was by far the hardest for me than anyone else--including my 60 year old mother. Up to that point, the farthest I had trained was 8 miles, and I can voucher that 13 was a bit more than 8.
Anyways...while we were there I decided to have pictures taken of MK. We hadn't taken any and I thought since she was almost 3 months, it might be a good time. I also thought she could take some with her two cousins. Of course, the night before the pictures she decides to wake up not only at 12:00 to eat but also eat and wake up at 4:00am. Isn't this the way it always works out. I had her schedule all planned out so we could have the pictures right after she woke up from her first nap and after a good meal. Well, it all ended up working out-- just a little differently then I thought. Here is the website to see a "sneak peak" of her pictures. Go to "sneak peak" and then it's the one under little MK. Check out the double chin!!





Here is a picture of all of us after the big finish of the walk. My aunt Ginger had shirts made up in honor of my grandma Essie who had passed away exactly 6 years from the day of the race.

1 comment:

The Shupe's said...

Char,
Super impressed that you did a half marathon 3 months after giving birth! Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving!
Love you, Jo