Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Tuesday, September 14, 2010

When all else fails...

...search the trash cans!

Mary Katherine has decided to be a great help lately by throwing EVERYTHING in the trash! Last week, I had been missing one of MK's foot braces for over a day. You know how it goes. You start by retracing your steps and everything you've done since the last time you saw them. I'd done this about three times, realizing the importance of finding this specially fitted brace. Then in the middle of the night, it occurred to me that it had to be in the trash. I send Roger out to the dumpster that next morning. (I have a sensitive gag reflex, so I couldn't go...or at least that was my excuse.) About 20 minutes later, he returns with a slimy brace, wetwipes, and a few other miscellaneous items. I guess she decided to empty her entire diaper bag in the trash.

I'm starting to believe that maybe all of those recent times that I thought I'd misplaced items, they probably made their way to the trash can.
Other than spending her day throwing items in the trash, she's also found a great way to cool off!

No, I don't encourage this water activity. I found her here the other day and had to "capture the memory"! She found it quite fun! Who needs a pool when you have a toilet?!

Life is busy for us all and it looks to be a crazy fall! I have pictures most evenings now through November. Roger has been busy at the farm with many late nights. Thankfully, my mom has been a lifesaver when it comes to childcare. Last weekend we had a women's retreat. We were blessed with an incredible speaker, Jen Hatmaker. This is my second time to listen to her and will jump at any other opportunity. She's so easy to listen to, has a passion for the Lord, and a burden for the lost. This weekend is lining up to be a dandy! Friday evening we're celebrating with friends their finalized adoption. Hooray for great friends! And Saturday we are very excited to be going to Stillwater to watch our first OSU football game this season!

2 comments:

The Varner Family said...

That made me laugh out loud! Nobody can ever tell you MK doesn't have a personality!

Recovering Perfectionist said...

this whole thing just cracks me up! blue is growing a love for the trash can. but his is more of a scavenging type of adoration. he likes to see what he can dig out and carry around in his mouth! Y.U.C.K. i'm guessing (maybe just hoping) that most kiddos go through the same thing. =)