Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Child

I wanted to hold him.
I wanted to see what she looked like.
I wanted to feel the warmth of his body.
I wanted to compare what she looked like to MK.
I looked forward to putting her in MK's outfits to compare similarities/differences.
I wanted to see MK love on him like she does her baby dolls.
I looked forward to seeing them play together.
I would have melted at seeing Roger love, care, and sacrifice for this baby.
I wanted to sing to him.
I would have taken lots of newborn photographs.

These are just some of the many thoughts filling my head.

But for reasons I don't know or understand, I miscarried. 15-20% of pregnancies end in miscarriages. As common as this is, it doesn't take away from the uniqueness of the sorrow. I will never forget yesterday, this hurt, or this child.

6 comments:

Kyndal said...

Oh Char, I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying for your heart to heal from this hurt.

The Varner Family said...

I am so sorry to read this. I will pray that God will comfort you during this time!

Love you!

albert & codie said...

Thinking about you guys right now.

Unknown said...

I will be praying for you all.

The Shupe's said...

Char,
Just got back to my computer. I hurt for you. I will be praying for you all. Love you.

Seth, Darci, Cal, and Kas said...

Charity, Roger, and MK,
I'm terribly sorry. Know I love you, Char.