Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Friday, July 16, 2010

New adventures!

Tomorrow I photograph my first wedding (and possibly my last)! Talk about scary! The last week my nights have consisted of tossing and turning, thinking about what lens to use, lighting, and so many other concerns I have. I agreed to this, because it really is the best way to raise money quickly for the adoption. I'm praying (many times a day) I get some good pictures for this bride and groom! Notice I put this on my personal blog rather than the photography blog. Can't let the client know how much I'm sweating this! :)

So, last night we had a "mock" wedding. Meet the bride and groom...


I imagine you've seen them a time or two on this blog. We staged it in a similar direction and same time. MK was happy to oblige if it meant staying up later! She made a pretty excited bride!

The next new adventure really isn't new, but the second year around. The garden...

I picked all of this in one day and the garden really is not that big! The yucky looking brown things just need to be pulled off. It's just the bloom. I might be a little proud of my produce. In all honesty, it's really easy (or I've just gotten lucky the last two years)! The part that gets old is picking it every day and then finding a way to store or freeze all of it. I get a little lazy with it sometimes. There's been an occasion (or more) that the produce will either get extremely too large because I didn't pick it. OR it will eventually mold in my refrigerator because I didn't cook it or process it. Lately, I"ve been snapping the green beans and then taking them to mom to blanche and bag. Yes. I take advantage of her many times.


And the final adventure...

Just call me Fancy Feet! It know it will surprise most of you, but dancing does NOT come naturally for me (or anyone else in my family come to think of it, unless you count the times mom showed us a few of her "special" moves). BUT I've found my calling...CLOGGING! (ha,ha) There's a friend that is teaching a group of us for free, so I couldn't resist. It's a good workout, that's fun! I've heard when you get older, it's good to learn new hobbies/skills so I guess this is mine for the year. You know, I will be turning 30 next year. We've been clogging now for a couple of months. Next time you see me, perhaps I can do a little routine for you. I'm seeing my own Branson show in the horizon...

1 comment:

albert & codie said...

We're DEFINITELY going to need to see a little clogging diddy at the next family gathering!

P.S. I know that you will do a wonderful job at the wedding. I've been so impressed with your natural photography talent. Don't sweat it - you're a pro!