Welcome!

We are Roger, Charity, Felix, and MK! Welcome to our family blog!

To follow my photography blog, click here!





Monday, May 16, 2011

God is in the details!

I have so much to share and so little time! Our flight leaves Wednesday. MK leaves Tuesday, yes tomorrow! :( Our alloted 4-50 lb.bags are bulging with so many items! I think I CRAMMED over 200 clothing items to bring to the orphanage and village children. Then there's 200 pair of sunglasses, 150 matchbox cars, 150 notebooks and crayons packs, suckers, balloons, jump ropes and more filling another suitcase. And, of course, I didn't leave out clothes and items for our boy! There's probably 10+ lists floating around my house right now and I'm not sure if one of them is completely marked out! BUT we're getting so close! The excitement and anticipation is almost too much! (But I'll bear it!)

On another note, yesterday I found out that our friend Godfrey's daughter has a heart condition that needs to be treated in the US. Godfrey is responsible for so much in helping us with our adoption. He will be our driver and so much more while abroad. He devotes his life to helping the children in Uganda. While being a driver is his job, he works with AWAKA and 60 Feet Ministries. He gives an unbelievable amount of time, energy, and resources to others! AWAKA is helping raise funds to help Godfrey bring his daughter to a cardiologist in the US. If you can, please follow this link to find out the details on how you can give in this need. Although we haven't met Godfrey yet, we already count he and his family as friends! I'm thankful for the opportunity to give back in a small way for what he's done for my family in bringing home our son!

And last on this entry's agenda... I HAVE to tell this story to reflect God's greatness and how He continues to work on the details of our adoption! I have often prayed that F would have a friend here in OK to share in his culture and heritage. Last week, I received an email from a family that lives in OKC and two months ago adopted two little boys from the SAME orphanage as F! Not only that, but they were great friends! The family had so many great things to say about F. I am so happy that he will be able to have friends from his country so close to us!

2 comments:

Seth, Darci, Cal, and Kas said...

We will be praying!! Love you! Praise GOD!!!
Darci and Seth

Recovering Perfectionist said...

You all have been heavy on my heart and in my prayers! You're on your way to pick up your son tomorrow, and I could not be any more thankful that this day has come for you. And it's amazing to already see more of The Lord's providence with this little OKC friend. I love when He makes Himself so tangible like that. Can't wait to see and hear more. Love to you all!